Question
Posted by: Nikita | 2010/05/03

Psyllium Husk

Good day

i would like to know if psyllium husk is gluten and wheat free. I have IBS, flatulence, bloating and constipation. I am gluten and wheat intolerant and would like to know if psyllium husk powder is an option.

Dear Nikita
Psyllium seed husks also known as ispaghula, isabgol, or simply as psyllium, are portions of the seeds of the plant Plantago ovata, should not contain any gluten or wheat. Please check the product that you intend using in case the manufacturers have added any "fillers" to the product that could include wheat or gluten. If necessary phone the manufacturers.

1

Dear Nikita