Posted by: DN | 2009-05-30

How effective is Theophostics? Please help me find a psychologist who uses spiritual counselling as part of his therapy. I' m in the Edenvale area.

Not a single shred of good evidence exists that Theophastics /Theosophy is of any benefit whatever to anyone, ever, except to the bank balance of some who promote it. Secondly, any good counsellor or psychotherapist should take the spiritial dimensions of you and your problems seriously and respectfully. "spiritual counselling" as such does not exist. If one has psychological or psychosocial problems, then any good counsellor should be able to help, and to take your religious / spiritual concerns into account. If your problems orm concerns are primarily spiritual, then a discussion with a spiritual leader within your own preferred religious community would help, though this is of course not the same sort of "counselling" as other counselling. Religious leaders are usually well able to deal with purely spiritual concerns ; they are unlikely to be qualified to help in psychological, sexual, and other social problems.