Question
Posted by: Mandy | 2010/03/02

Psychologist''s approach

Hi there,

My partner and I have decided to go to couple''s therapy. However, I would like to know whether the psychologist is allowed to ''call you up'' on something you have done, and what this type of approach is called, or whether every therapist we go to is going to say ''tell me how you feel'' and not actually make it obvious that what they are doing is wrong?

Thanks so much,

Mandy

Hmm. May I say i sounds as though you have something about yourself you feel bad about, and you're anxious about how the psychologist will handle this issue ?
Shrinks vary in their methods. But generally, they would be useless to you if they ignored such obviously relevant issues, yet they would keep very few clients if they handled such matters tactlessly or in such a way as to cause distress.
The shrink isn't in the business of judging people as Right or Wrong, but in helping you to do so, so you can better both heal the past and make wiser choices in future

1