Question
Posted by: D | 2010/04/13

psychoanalysis

He is 40 years old. In my complaint, I alleged mismanagement but perhaps I should have stipulated countertransference mismanagement? Would you agree that this is probably what the supervision will really pertain to? (My current therapist referred to the e-mails as intellectual foreplay)

I' guess this sould be what the supervision should docus on. ASounds like your current therapist recognizes what was happening - hope he's not an analyst ! Analysis is not a therapy, it's a lifelong career.

3
Posted by: D | 2010/04/13

PS My current therapist is female (wasn''t about to make that mistake again!) and authentic - definitely not a psychoanalyst but not CBT either - she said something along the lines of object relations, etc. Perhaps eclectic but without the p/analysis bit. But most importantly she calls a spade a shovel and that''s what I need right now!!

Reply to D
Posted by: D | 2010/04/13

Thanks CS - really appreciate the advice and support. Quite a job you have!!

Regards D

Reply to D