Question
Posted by: Chick | 2010/04/23

Psycho Chick

Hi Doc!

Hope you well.
Not sure if you could help me on this one but I got a call from this crazy chick and she said she''s going to kill me.. I just put the phone down because I knew who it was.
Long story short I was engaged to her ex husband- before they got married. I broke up with him.
She is totally ''sick'' has been calling my cell all month- I do not answer, this morning I thought it was my mom answered and got that.
Now I think that is the last straw for me, she has convinced herself that I am with her ex hubby (why that would have anything to do with her in anycase) obviously it is far from the truth although we are still friends.
I am happy and getting married in Dec. why cant she just behave like an adult!

Now I''ve been told that the police would not do anything about it if I went to report it. What then do I do and how do I get this Psycho to stop bothering me?

If there is any reason at all to believe she may indeed plan to domyou harm, report this threat to the police. And consult a lawyer ( as well as asking the police ) about urgently asking a court to issue a court order forbidding her from harrassing or threatening you or even approaching or calling you, such that she would go to jail if she ignored the order.
We know the police can be awfully ineffecual, but they are supposed to treat all such threats seriously and if they do do their jobs properly, this could be helpful.
And go the lawyer / court order route, too - then if she ignores the order, she is in contempt of court, and the police will be under more pressure ( from the court ) to arrest her.

1