Question
Posted by: tornbetwthetruth | 2008-12-15

psychics

Hi, what do you think of psychics from a psychological point of view (I am not asking from a religous or anything else pov) Do u think that cold reading is something that is learnt or maybe a talent to certain people rather than messages from the other side? Even the ones that truly believe they can do it, do you think it may just be an overactive imagination and the symbols they are given ' from the other side'  are eagerly interpreted by a grieving / lost / etc, customer and made to fit?

I am sure it does not represent messaegs from any other sie, nor that it is a supernatural event. I think psychicis ( some probably quacks who know exactly what they're doing and how they are exploiting vulnerable peoplem some perhaps naive and intuitive without really realizign how they do what they do ) have skills at sensitively picking up information without their subject being aware of how much they have revealed before the session starts, and are skilled at giving vague responses which they then mould in reaction to the responses they receive from the subject, so as to guess what you expect and to give you as much as they can of what they think you want. And usually they're good at explaining when they are inaccurate, and blaming something or someone else for interfering in the process. Like horoscopes, many of their announcements are skillfully ambiguous, actually applicable to almost enyone, but allow you to interpret it so as to feel it fits.

5
Posted by: tornbetthetruth | 2008-12-16

Yes, I think I agree with that totally. I am really sorry about it as I have searched for a long time. Like the Greek guy holding up his lantern to find just one honest person.

Reply to tornbetthetruth
Posted by: Paul | 2008-12-16

or need a psychic pffft

Reply to Paul
Posted by: Zexeon | 2008-12-15

Put your trust in God and you' ll never would be disappointed ............

Reply to Zexeon

Yes, that too: the vague ' premonitions'  that are given, like you will travel a bumpy road for a while but it will soon smoothe out or like the one I had that asked whether I had a dark haired person around me (of which I have many &  I would think would be obvious being dark myself) and then she asked what colour my husbands hair was, so I pointed to a man with curly blonde hair and she said yes, thats it (WHAT a stretch, how dod dark become blonde???) - I would love to believe in something, and I have really hoped to find one that I believed but I truly think they are all frauds relying on trickery, imagination or social skills, any other thoughts?

Reply to tornbetwthetruth
Posted by: Zexeon | 2008-12-15

...........but they heavily trust in selffullilling prophecies........

Reply to Zexeon