Question
Posted by: Chanel | 2012/06/20

Psychiatrist - Sunninghill

Hi there Tara is not taking any new patients :-(

Does anyone know of a Psychiatrist in sunninghill?

There is one that I called in Sunninghill and he charges R1800 per hour... and then R750for 20 min does that seem like a lot?

Hadnt heard of this - presumably you mean they're full at the moment and wont take new patients today or this week ? Not that they've closed more permanently ?
The fee you mention sounds a bit steep to me, but there have been numerous and confusing changes recently in what fees are permissable. Lets see what others can say, based on their own experience

2
Posted by: Liza | 2012/06/20

My psychiatrist charges R640 for a 30 minute consulation which my medical aid covers in full from prescribed minimum benefits (i.e. it doesn''t come off my medical savings). Have you tried phoning your medical aid and asking them whether there are any psychiatrists they can recommend in your area that charge medical aid rates? They''re usually in a better position to know which psychiatrists they can refer you to. If they can''t help, you could also call the Depression and Anxiety groupline (number is at the top of the page) and they''ll be able to refer you to someone.

Even if Tara cannot help, they should at least be able to refer you to a psychiatrist that would charge medical aid rates.

Good Luck
Liza

Reply to Liza