Question
Posted by: Marike | 2010/06/22

psychiatrist

Hi Prof.
You previously advised I go and see a phychiatrist to assist with my anti depressant drugs. I find that the 3 psychiatrists I phoned charges R1000 up for a consultation.
Can you advise of someone in the Johannesburg (Sandon) area (that might consider 3 payments option?)

I have no way to keep track of who harges what - ethically all docs and shrinks should disclose their charges to you when you ask for an appointment, but they usually keep such money matters dead secret from their colleagues.
There used to be clearer guidelines about what charges were reasonable and what were excessive, but the Medical Council and other bodies seem to have hashed up this duty lately.
I would expect docs and shrinks to accept payment options, espcially in these days but you'd have to ask his secretary or receptionist

3
Posted by: Marike | 2010/06/23

Thanks for the suggestions!

Reply to Marike
Posted by: anon | 2010/06/22

thats what i pay in CT as well...
did you ask if they do payment options?
hope you find someone suitable. (you also dont wanna go to someone who charges half the norm, hey.)

maybe when you seen him/her for the first time you can discuss a payment option??

all the best

Reply to anon