Question
Posted by: Andrewg | 2009/08/26

psych referral

Good day all

I have a contact who is trying to find a counsellor in the PE area. They tried LifeLine several times, with no response. Apalling!

This was a few days ago.
Where could I find contact details for a 24hr counsellor in case they need someone to speak to again? They do not want a psychologist at this time. I am hesitant to recommend any of the trauma rooms that may be in the area. There are also no results returned on a search of the telephone directory.

Please advise.

I, too, am appalled that any branch o Lifeline should fail in this way. ALso check out the nearest branch of FAMSA, which is good at suggesting available counsellors in most regions. NO "trauma room" / Casualty Dept in SA has a resident shrink or counsellor, so far as I know. but all should be able to provide urgent referral to one. I wonder what you looked up in the dictionary ? There should be entries for Psychologists, and one would have to check wich are available for an urgent asessment and advice

2
Posted by: Andrewg | 2009/08/26

Thank you for the reply, and apologies for the double posting.
I will suggest FAMSA to them as well (had not thought of them). I also suggested they speak to their GP and ask for a referral in the area. The unfortunate thing was events transpring late one evening, and the available numbers not being answered.

They don' t want a psychologist at the moment, rather a counsellor, but hopefully can get some information from their GP.

Regards.

Reply to Andrewg
Posted by: Andrewg | 2009/08/26

Regards.

Reply to Andrewg