Question
Posted by: Pen | 2009-04-08

Psoriasis - finger and toe nails

Hi there, Help Please!!!. I had psoriasis as an 18 year old in my scalp and after about 2 years of treatment it went away. Now 30 years later I have got it under my fingernails. I have tried 2 dermatologiests and 2 GP, as well as a homeopath. I have used Dovate and Devonex, tea tree oil - the list is endless. Sometimes it smells funny and I clean it with peroxide and then surgical sprits - I am a bit of a hand washing freak and presume that it gets wet under the nails, hence the cleaning. Anny assistance you can offer would be appreciated. Thank you

Expert ImageNatural health

hi

you can use Selenium as a supplement. Could the psoriasis under the finger nails be a form of fungal infection ? If so then this needs to be treated systemically. Try using Max Caprilic acid (Solgar) and see what happens to your symptoms.

Dr Debbie
www.drdebbie.co.za