Question
Posted by: S | 2010/05/30

Psoriasis Arthritic

Dear Doc. I''ve had psoriasis for many years now (and my dad has it as well). Lately i''ve been getting pain in my ''back'' bone near the top. It feels like its in the bone. Could this be psoriasis arthritis? The ache starts there and then goes along my arm. How do i get this checked out and by whom? What medication could i use in the mean time? Thank you.

S

Arhritis is a complication of psoriasis and I suggest that you consult a rheumatologist for treatment. You can try rheugesic dispersable tablets 15mg, once daily or Naproxen 500mg, three times daily.

Please refer to the following link regarding psoriatic arthritis: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Psoriatic_arthritis