Question
Posted by: vincent | 2011/04/25

psoriasis and epinutin

I have a problem with Psoriasis and also prone to fungal infections
as a 14 year old I suffered a convulsion and took epinutin 50mg three times daily for three years. I was reading recently that the drug can reduce the skin/ body''s production vitamin D .I wanted to know if this could have an added affect. The skin problem began to manifest itself two years after first taking the drug. Also, in the last year I have developed recurring iritis . Any help most appreciated. I am aged 51

Hallo Vincent
Psoriasis is a hereditary disease and not caused by medications. Certain drugs can make your skin more dry, which can aggravate the symptoms but it won't cause the psoriasis. Iritis is often an auto-immune disease caused by antibodies causing an inflammation in the eye. Psoriasis can cause iritis in some cases. You probably need a dermatologist and opthalmologist working together managing your psoriasis.

2
Posted by: Vincent hawkins | 2011/04/29

thank you Dr Bets! It I think psoriasis and the iritis go hand in hand re the auto immune system . Thanks for your advice .

Reply to Vincent hawkins
Posted by: Cyberdoc | 2011/04/25

Hallo Vincent