Question
Posted by: Nita | 2008/05/28

Psoriasis

I see that the Skin Doctor forum has been closed, so I'll ask my question here and hope I can be helped.

I've got psoriasis, my inverse psoriasis is giving a big problem. I'm currently using a cortisone ointment prescribed by me GP but it's not working so well anymore. I was wondering if you might be able to recommend anything I can use to help with the redness and the puss problem. My skin is also getting very thin from years of cortisone use.

Thank you for visiting health24.com.

Unfortunately, cortisone use has spesific indications in psoriasis and should not be used on a chronic basis. I recommend that you use a UV lamp, tarr ointment and a short course of oral antibiotics to treat the cellulitis (hence the puss). You will have to consult a doctor for a prescription for the antibiotics.

Try and get a lot of exposure to sunlight and a swim in the sea will not be a bad idea at all.

Kind regards

1
Posted by: KARIEN | 2008/05/28

HI NITA - WHERE ARE YOU - I AM IN PORT ELIZABETH. I MIX A CREAM THAT WORKS WONDERS CONTACT ME ON 0415033067

Reply to KARIEN