Question
Posted by: Lisa Cooke | 2010/04/15

Psoariatic arthritis

husband has above diagnosed condition where bone is middle meta tarsal is being eaten away &  inflamation resides. We eat healthy as it is, lots of fruit &  veg - try raw as possible, legumes, limit meat, moderate alcohol &  caffine, some vitamim supplements. What should he do diet wise to bolster his compromised immune system? Also had treatment for Chrohn''s Disease - section of bowel removed - remains unremarkable at the moment.

Dear Lisa
Because of the fact that your hubby has Crohn's I would recommend that you consult a clinical dietitian (visit the Association for Dietetics in SA Website at: www.adsa.org.za and click on "Find a Dietitian" to find a dietitian in your area). The dietitian will have to work out a diet that balances the Crohn's with your hubby's arthritis, and the various medications he may have to take for both conditions. This is not something I can do for your over the internet because he needs an individual diet prescription.
I do hope that both conditions respond to dietary treatment.

1

Dear Lisa