Question
Posted by: Ruby | 2008/10/06

Pseudohypoparathyroidism

Hello Dr Bets,

Thanks very much for your post! :-)

I think my doctor must have had a hunch, cause he told me that pseudohypoparathyroidism does not show on normal thyroid tests. My basic thyroid tests were all normal. When he specifically tested for pseudohypoparathyroidism, all the tests were positive. All the doctors who saw me at first thought its a parathyroid problem or MS. So there must have been a lot of symptoms indicating thyroid. This doctor also told me that pseudohypoparathyroidism is also very very rare. He took about 9 tubes of blood every time he saw me, so I think he tested everything that could be even a slight possibility.

My HR is slowing down alot. On Friday it was in the low70s, high 60s (I felt great!). Yesterday it was 64-67 (felt very tired). Today its 56-61 (I feel very very tired). Dr, do you think its maybe cause my connective tissue is getting better and that I maybe dont have MVP anymore and that my heart is just beating more effective now? I am not really massively fit (but not inactive), so this is very slow for me (normal used to be 88-95). Last when I saw my doctor in June, it was still 88. Could the tiredness be related to my slower HR? I guess the slower rate is a good thing? Will the tiredness go away when my body get used to the slower HR? Is it fine for me to take Barocca? Thanks Dr Bets!

HI Ruby
You can take Berocca. A slow heartrate can cause tiredness, have you checked your BP too ( with the heat this may be very low)? You may need to use something like Effortil if your BP falls very low - only when really needed.