Question
Posted by: Anoni | 2011/08/17

Pse help - worried

Im on IVF treatments where intercourse is not recommended. My partner rubbed his penis against my vagina but not penetrating and not ejaculating( have not ejaculated for at least a week and half prior to that). Im now extremely worried, might there be a slight chance there could have been semen or any form of male specimen transfered into my vagina? I keep hearing stories how pre-cum contains semen and the chances are there, but is it possible if there was no ejaculating for his semen to work its way in, Im beyond concern at this stage as that could complicate everything!. Please anybody, help.

Dear Anoni

The reason for discouraging intercourse during an IVF program is firstly to avoid excessive movement of the upper genital structures such as the ovary and uterus and secondly to prevent the remote but definite likelihood of introducing infection into the genital tract. From your description of what has transpired it would appear that both these situations have not been interfered with and therefore I would believe that your IVF program should not be jeopardized in any way what so ever.

Answered by: Dr M.I. Cassim

1
Posted by: Fertility expert | 2011/08/25

Dear Anoni

Answered by: Dr M.I. Cassim

Reply to Fertility expert