Question
Posted by: KAREENA | 2012/11/20

PROVITA BISCUITS AND WEIGHT LOSS

HI TRYING TO LOOSE WEIGHT WEN HUNGRY EATING PROVITA BISCUITS. DO THSES AID IN WEIHT LOSS? I EAT LIKE 7 BISIUTS A DAY.

Dear Kareena
Provita are regarded as a low-fat, high-fibre and low-glycaemic index (GI) food which can be a great help to people tyring to lose weight or to control their blood sugar levels (i.e. insulin resistance). According to the label, a serving of 20 g = 4 Provita Wholewheat biscuits, provides 368 kJ or 92 kJ per biscuit. If you have 7 Provita per day = 7 x 92 = 644 kJ which represents 10,2% of your daily energy requirement if you are an adult woman who is trying to lose weight. This is not excessive and because Provita are also low GI (Gi = 49), they should help you to stop hunger pangs and lose weight.
Remember it is what you add to low-GI breads such as Provita that add kJ to your diet (e.g. fatty spreads, butter, margarine, etc).

15
Posted by: Anonymous | 2016/07/10

Why did ProVita move away from the slab-format chrispbread with perforations to break off each cracker rather than the individual biscuits in a pack? The flavour and texture of the slab format was far superior!

Posted by: charleen | 2016/06/03

hi i am trying to loose at least 4 dress sizes i am on a sugar free and carbs diet but i have provitas dry for a snack is it good or bad

Reply to charleen
Posted by: Anonymous | 2016/05/17

watch 'that sugar film'. It should clear up some stuff for you. Peopkwbnoenally Have to cut carbs only for specific body types and activity levels. Sugar is the number one cause of obesity because its in everything. If you dont believe me, watch the film then food diary yourself on sugar levels alone. Try cut back to 6-8 spoons a day (1 tsp = 4 grams sugar). The weight will melt off. I speak from experience.

Posted by: Anonymous | 2016/02/22

Everyone remember - the key to weight loss is just to eat less than you consume. So if you currently eat 4 slices of bread, reduce to 3 or 2. Start by limiting portion sizes.

Posted by: Anonymous | 2016/02/22

Posted by: Anonymous | 2016/02/22

Posted by: Anonymous | 2016/01/27

I do not understand. One person says Provitas are good for weight loss and another says it is not. I have decided to eat what I think is best and just to eat less sweet things and carbohydrates..

Posted by: hope | 2015/02/02

Hi am trying to loose wait andtam eating provita buscuit are they good

Reply to hope
Posted by: Anonymous | 2014/11/16

Hi.I'm desperately wanting to shed off fat.I'm eating tuna on provita.will it help me?

Posted by: eddie | 2014/06/16

I am 14 and want to lose 10'/. Body fat I am at 24'/. What can I do to lose fat fast

Reply to eddie
Posted by: Bianca | 2014/04/10

I'm 15 years old and i'm overweight i need to lose weight fast can provita help me?

Reply to Bianca | 1 comment (hide)
Posted by: Anonymous | 2015/08/07

Bianca I would really want to give you some adivse that helped me. Can you please jpovide me with yome contact details. petricia

Posted by: nene | 2013/02/04

Can provita biscuit help loosr weight?

Reply to nene
Posted by: anon | 2012/11/20

2 provitas have the same amount of fat as a slice of bread, so this equals about 3 - 4 slices of bread...
not bery benificial for weight loss- rather eat something high protein when hungry. like tuna or a piece of chicken breast etc. and a few raw veggies as well...

Reply to anon