Question
Posted by: Kimberley | 2012-10-26

provita biscuits

Hi doc

This might sound weird but its not, not trying to be funny either, so pls advise.

Whenever I eat provita biscuits, now I''m talking about 3 or 4 (I''m trying to cut out bread) after a few hours I have these really smelly farts the smell is real bad I can''t even stand it. And constant so mostly at night when I''m home. But do you think its not advisable for me to then eat provita.

Also does anyone else experience this. My stool is still regular just the not so regular winds and really off putting smell.

Dear Kimberley
I understand that you are frustrated by the way your body reacts to a food like ProVita. If your digestive system tends to produce excess noxious gas when you eat a specific food, then it is advisable to avoid such foods seeing that this reaction makes life so unpleasant for you. It is difficult to say if you are reacting to the high dietary fibre content or some other ingredient such as the sodium metabisulfite that is listed on the label as a preservative. Sulphur-containing compounds often have a bad smell. I would suggest that you avoid eating ProVita for awhile and try other types of biscuits such as RyeVita or Rice Cakes.
I hope you can pinpoint which ingredient is causing the problem.

2
Posted by: Celeste | 2012-11-19

I want to lose 10 kg. can I live on just water and provitas for a week and lose weight?

Reply to Celeste
Posted by: DietDoc | 2012-10-27

Dear Kimberley