Question
Posted by: zelda | 2010/01/27

provigil for chronic fatigue

I know there is not a generic for provigil, but i need something similiar to help me through the day. Provigil is not only expensive, but it gives me very bad upper back/neck pain. It really helps, but the side effects are too painful. What other medication can be used and who would prescribe it? Thanks in advance!

Expert ImagePharmacist

Hi Zelda

The only other option that comes to mind would be ALLERTONIC which is also only available on prescription. Your GP can prescribe this.

3
Posted by: Busisiwe Melane | 2010/04/20

My GP prescribed Allertonic for me unfortunately it is no longer sold in SA is it proper to go for provigil

Reply to Busisiwe Melane
Posted by: zelda | 2010/01/28

Thanks for your reply. If i google ALLERTONIC it gives me " herbal tonic for allergies" . Is it a herbal tonic, couldn' t be the same one. Do you know any other name or what it consist of? Thanks!

Reply to zelda
Posted by: pharmacist | 2010/01/28

Hi Zelda

Reply to pharmacist