Question
Posted by: Loyiso | 2009/10/02

Provident fund

My father died a year ago,the benefits and compensation manager from where my father worked told my mom and us (children) that no provident fund is going to be released until my older brother who has been trialing for over a year now in prison comes out so that they can have his bank statement. My mother is not working,is this fair?

Expert ImageLabour lawyer

RE: PROVIDENT FUND

The provident fund is very carefully ruled by terms and conditions. It is important for you to get hold of the broker concerned and to investigate whether what has happened to you is in terms of the rules.