Question

provident fund

my boss is deducting pruvident fund from my salary but he does not take it to nbc.will i be able to get provident when i resign.

Expert ImageLabour lawyer

Re: Provident fund

This is a very serious situation and you need to contact the bargaining council as soon as possible to get them to give you a print out on exactly what monies are handed over. If your monies are not handed over to the Bargaining Council this is a criminal offence. It must be reported as soon as possible because the situation could get a lot worse.

2
Posted by: Loyiso | 2009-10-01

My father died a year ago,the benefits and compensation manager from where my father worked told my mom and us (children) that no provident fund is going to be released until my older brother who is trialing in prison comes out so that they can have his bank statement. My mother is not working,is this fair?

Reply to Loyiso
Posted by: Boetie | 2009-08-28

Please tell me what' s the nbc. When U resign U should get all your contributions as well as the company' s contributions paid to you. Check with the Dept. of Labour, they r quite sharp on these things. Another point is that U are entitled to a benefit statement every year. As far as I know it is law, but while u r about it ask the Dept. of Labour about that also. Your latest benefit statement will tell you what your share of the fund is.

Reply to Boetie