Question
Posted by: seen | 2009/12/07

Providant fund

Concerning my providend fund ,on my contruct which I signed with the company I work for, it say that the company' s contribution should be 9% and my contribution is 6%.Yersterday when I was playing around with my payslip I found out that the company is only contributing 4.5% towards my providant fund instad of the 9% on the contruct.Now my boss is a bit of a dictator who outbust whe he is confrunted, our HR department is terrified of the man.What do you think I shoul do?

Expert ImageLabour lawyer

RE: PROVIDENT FUND

If your letter of lappointment or contract of employment is 9% then you have a right to demand the 9%. If this is not done, you have a right to complain to the Department of Labour for illegal deduction. If they do not do anything then you have a right to go to the CCMA for an unfair labour practice. This is a unilateral change to your terms and conditions of employment which is not correct.

1
Posted by: labour lawyer | 2009/12/10

RE: PROVIDENT FUND

Reply to labour lawyer