Question
Posted by: Denise | 2011/08/22

Provera, Glucophage, Fertomid and Estrofem

Please assist, my gynae started me on Provera to bring on my menses (Advanced PCOS) 6/7/11 to 11/7/11, menses started 15/7 (spotted 14/7), from day 5-9 took Fertomid 150mg. Also on Glucophage XR once a day. She also told me to take Estrofem for 14 days from the day after my period is finished which was the 8th. This is the 3rd time I have done Fertomid (increased from 50mg) but first time for Glucophage and Estrofem. My cycle is between 28 -35 days long. I did a pregnancy test (clearblue) on Sunday 21/8/11 but negative. I have been nausea (occasional vomiting) for past 1 week and a bit, sore/tender breasts and increased appetite. I am about 5kg overweight and struggling to loose it. I did a Progestrone test on day 21, not sure of the result as I did not receive a call so I presume that there was no problem with it. I have yet to do the blood test hcg quantitative.
On my last check up my lining was very thin, ovaries should 8 follicles on the left and 3 on the right. Age 35 - should I go now for the blood test or wait and take another urine test in a week if still neg can I start the Fertomid even if I have not started menstruating. I am going out of my mind - please advise

Do the blood test to be sure. You should also get the Day 21 progesterone result to know if you ovulated or not.

1