Posted by: Sunshine1 | 2008-11-03

Provera and Clomid

Hi Doc,

My GP put me on Provera last Wednesday, 29th Nov as my period was late (40 day cycle) but there was no pregnancy. Before i got the Provera from the chemist, i did start with a very light period but my GP said to still take the Provera. I finished the last tablet this morning and my period stopped by Sunday morning.

My GP said i must wait for the next bleed and then on day 5 after that, start with the Clomid my Gynae prescribed.

my first question is, how long after i finished the Provera can i expect to get my period again? before my cycle became a bit irregular in the last 2-3 months, my cycle was around 30-31 days.

Also, if i do happen to ovulate without help and fall pregnant before my next period due to the Provera, will it be okay or will i miscarry because of the Provera forcing a bleed?

Many thanks and i look forward to your response.

A period should start within 2-7 days of stopping the Provera. You should really have started the Clomid on Day 5 of this period. If you fall pregnant this month, the Provera will not affect the pregnancy in any way.

Posted by: Annie | 2008-11-04

I was on 5mg provera and it took exactly 10 days after the last tablet before I got my periods.

Reply to Annie