Posted by: Jackie | 2012-01-22

Provera 5mg

My husband works on Irak and he will be home for the first time in about 6 months for only 3 weeks then he is off again for about 6 months again. I need to know:

1. When do i drink the provera 5mg that the gyne gave me? ( I had a laparacrospy in December)

2. Will I have my period directly after I have drank the last pill of provera?

3. I need to have my period on the 3rd of March so that I can drink my Fertomed in order to ovulate sometime between the 15th and 17th of March.

Dear Provera 5mg

If you need to get your period around the 3rd on March then I suggest that you stop provera about 3-4 days before the 3rd of March. Which means stop it by the 27th of February. You therefore depending on how many days your gynaecologist has given you the provera for you need to then start the provera those number of days before the 27th of February. This mean if he says you need to take the provera for 5 days then start the provera on the 23rd of February and this means you will stop by the 27th of February.

Answered by: Dr Y.M. Dasoo