Question
Posted by: Michelle | 2011/05/19

Provera

I have pcos and don''t have a regular period, i have been trying to fall pregnant for 8 years with no luck. i don''t want to go on the pill to get my period. Can I take provera every month?
What''s the difference between provera and the pill?

Dear Michelle

The use of Provera to induce a bleed or endometrial shedding is reasonable. However this will not necessarily result in ovulation or pregnancy and on the contrary it may actually prevent implantation. Therefore my advice would be for you to visit a fertility specialist and to consider alternative methods of ovulation induction which will help your fertility problem.

Answered by: Dr M.I. Cassim

1
Posted by: Fertility expert | 2011/05/26

Dear Michelle

Answered by: Dr M.I. Cassim

Reply to Fertility expert