Question
Posted by: leonie | 2010/08/10

Provera

my dr gave me provera to induce my periods, he gave me 5mg to take 2 x a day for five days.But it''s been 9 days now since I took my last pill. Could there be something wrong? I took a home pregnancy test but it came back negative.

Hallo Leonie
Provera usually causes a menstrual bleed but may not if the endometrium (inside layer of the uterus) is very thin. I think you should do a blood pregnancy test, if negative, you could maybe go on to a combined contraceptive tablet for a month or two to just get you into a cycle again. If you have not been menstruating at all you may need a gyne examination to look for possible causes like an ovarian cyst.

1
Posted by: Cyberdoc | 2010/08/10

Hallo Leonie