Posted by: Mum | 2011-08-14

Protruding Left Rib

My 15year old son developed a protruding rib overnight. He''s grown alot the last three months. It does not bother him and he says it is not even uncomfortable. It just looks weird to me because he''s so much taller and skinnier. He has no medical problems, is very active and very healthy. Has this to do with puberty?

This is not linked to puberty. You can however, consult your doctor for x-rays to determine if this is an abnormal anatomic feature.

Posted by: JR | 2011-08-25

WHen my son was small he had the same thing. Turns out it was asthma-the contracting muscles were distorting his ribs.

Reply to JR
Posted by: Nora Tromp | 2011-08-24

most information about menopause is about woman that still has their wombs. i have had a historectomy at the age of 26, how does this affect my menopause, ie starting earlier? will it be the same period or less or more?

Reply to Nora Tromp
Posted by: Denise Schavemaker | 2011-08-24

I had an desolving plate put in my right rib after I had a fractured rib in an accident a year ago. 3 Months ago I started to have pains on that same rib which was operated on last year. I went to the Doctor 2 weeks ago she then told me it was inflamed and put me on antibiotics . 3 weeks later the pain is worse and 2 days ago I went to another Doctor and was told that I have an Absis on my rib. I was put on Augmentin Antibiotics and after taking it now for 3 days my pain is still there and very Red and swollen. Please give me advise on what to do.

Reply to Denise Schavemaker
Posted by: Engela Goss | 2011-08-23

My daughter has the same problem, we took her to a specialist in the end, they can cut it but it is not guaranteed that it will not grow again and it could be painfull afterwards. She has her on the left side. She decided to live with it, it is uncomfortable but she did not like the surgery option.

Reply to Engela Goss