Question
Posted by: Talita | 2009/08/26

Protexin Soluble

I drink the protexin soluble which I buy from the vet! Does adding it to balgarian yoghurt, or drinking it with brewer' s yeast or eating it with all bran flakes increase the bacteria' s growth in your stomach?

Expert ImageProbiotics expert

Hi Talita
Adding it to Bulgarian yoghurt or adding brewers yeast will not enhance the probiotic effect.
All Bran Flakes: contain insoluble carbohydrates called prebiotics which provide a substrate (“food”) for probiotics and thus could contribute to a healthy gut flora.
A reliable probiotic should do the trick on its own. That is, survive the stomach acid and be able to attach and grow in the intestines where it exerts its effect.