Question
Posted by: CJ | 2010/02/22

protein trace in urine

Went for my monthly checkup at our local clinic this morning. there were traces of protein in my urine. the sister gave me moxypen 500 mg to take for the infection to clear it up. my blood pressure was normal. my question is: does the fact that there were traces of protein in my urine reflect on anything more serious than an urinary tract infection? and is it safe to drink the moxypen? I am now 23 weeks pregnant with first pregnancy.

The most likely cause would be a urinary tract infection. Moxypen is safe in pregnancy.

1