Posted by: nadine | 2011-07-25

protein snacks to maintain sugars

My son has type 1 and is very athletic. When he gets to below 7 and is hard exercising, I want him to prevent an oncoming low by eating a protein bar. The best protein bar I have found is So good. It is 37 g and has 30 % protein and costs $4 / bar. So, he generally eats 1/2 at a time. This bar is very expensive. I am looking for an alternative. It doesn''''t have to be a bar, but I want a few things that are quick and easy, high in protein and not as expensive.

I really do suggest that you consult a dietrician, in order to get details of the best protein bar available. Unfortunately, I am situated in South Africa and the products will differ.