Posted by: JC | 2009-04-08

Protein shakes  Supplements ¡ K Healthy or

Protein shakes  Supplements ¡ K Healthy or not?

I understand that the best why to gain muscle mass and to maintain a healthy and athletic body is by following a good exercise program and a even better eating habits, but unfortunately my lifestyle does not allow me to have a proper diet or eating hobbits to sustain my current training program.

Several discussion with Professional athletes, Bodybuilders and ¡ § GYM gurus¡ ¨  brought me to the conclusion that nobody really knows what is good for them or not and that the answers is more based on their own opinion rather that facts. I understand that it is different for each individual and depending on what they want to accomplish will determine the intake of all of these ¡ § artificial¡ ¨  supplements.

Here are several things I have heard.. but exactly what ingredients causes more harm than good for the ¡ § lean and mean¡ ¨  body?

* Creatine only pumps the muscle but the change is not permanent
* Protein is the only right thing to use for muscle building
* new Buzz : USN Nitrox .. What is the side effects, none really displayed on the bottle
* Some Supplements may contain ingredients that will ¡ § shrink the male organ ¡ §  Myth ?
* Supplements taken orally is less harmful, as long as you don¡ ¦ t keep it up for too long and your water intake is more than 8 glasses ( 2 liter )

Any Fact related feedback is welcome.. ƒ º 

One by one:

Creatine does have a long lasting effect, but it's not the creatine that causes it, it is the training done while on it. Creatine itself would only pump the muscle because of water retention (which it does cause), but the longer lasting effect is a training one, because you can increase the training intensity while on it.

Protein is the only SAFE thing to use, and even that is in some cases only. The risk of contamination is high. But all the other stuff on the market is neither tested nor proven to work, so it's all anecdotes and stories. Are they safe? Who knows? Do they work? Who knows? The research is non-existent, so we know nothing about supplements.

For USN Nitrox - see the answer above. They don't know the side effects because they don't care. They don't have to care, because they don't have to prove safety to anyone. Supplements are completely unregulated, no control at all. So they do what they want to do.

Same again for question four. There is a risk of contamination, because the supplements are uncontrolled. Do they shrink the male organ? See the above two answers.

Same again - who knows. Supplements are not medicines, so we don't know how they work most effectively, and the companies that make them don't care either. I'd certainly agree with the idea that you should not keep it up for too long...