Question
Posted by: PK | 2010/12/02

Protein Shakes

HI,

Is protein shakes healthy ? Im busy getting my self as fit and lean (low BOdyfat ) as possible and i have a well known bodybuilder helping me with Keto diet, but need to take 3 protein shakes a day. thanks

They can be, but it depends what part they're playing in your diet. If they're there to replace meal, then I don't think it's healthy. If you're trying to improve your strength, performance, fitness or weight, then your diet is really important and I'm not a big fan of a keto-type diet, simply because it's not sustainable in the longer term. So it's a stop gap, not a solution and I think you would be better served seeing a dietician and having them look at everything you eat, rather than spending that money on a protein shake.

The reality is that most people, regardless of their exercise goals, can succeed with a good diet and smart training and there's no need for protein shakes, even once a day. So I think the shakes are an unnecessary part of the plan, and I'd rather go to a dietician.

Ross

1
Posted by: fitnessdoc | 2010/12/05

Ross

Reply to fitnessdoc