Posted by: me | 2009-04-14

protein shakes

What can i use i want to build muscle and dont want to use creatine i only want to diet and use a protein shake What do you think about USN PROTEIN PLEX

My advice - stay clear of these supplements, especially if you're only just starting out. Why waste money and time and possibly risk gaining fat mass by using them when you can train and eat sensibly to achieve the same result?

Remember that diet and training are the keys. I'm assuming that you have the training down. In that case, diet is the key. Basically individuals who struggle to gain weight do not ingest sufficient energy for the high demands of their Basic metabolic rate and/or physical activity. DietDoc from this site has written some articles on this subject. For basic information click on 'Diet' at the top of this page and then on 'Diet Basics' and 'Weight gaining' and read the articles. Companies like Fresenius Kabi and Nestle, among others, make meal replacement supplements which you can buy at any chemist.

Phone Fresenius on (011) 545-0000, or the Nestle Consumer Services at 0860 09 6789 and ask about Nutritional Supplements to boost your energy intake. Basically you need to eat more food either by gradually increasing how much you eat at each meal, or by taking supplements IN ADDITION to your regular meals (not to replace meals), or by having more snacks between meals. If you use a meal supplement such as Fresubin, with or without fibre, at the rate of 200 ml 3x a day, then you should gain 1 kg per week.

Posted by: Tom | 2009-04-14

Try Maximuscle - Promax

Reply to Tom