Posted by: ash | 2009-02-02

protein powder or supper at 11pm

Sometimes I go to gym at 10pm at night and either do cardio or weight training.

Should I have something to eat, like protein powder or an egg sandwhich at 11pm? Or would this make me fat?

I go to sleep at midnight.

Dear Ash
After exercise it is a good idea to have a light meal such as pasta with tomato-vegetable sauce or the egg sandwich or fruit and fat-free yoghurt because you still need to replenish the glycogen stores in your liver and muscles to give you energy for the next day and your next exercise session. For glycogen replenishment you need carbs not protein, so have the pasta or a sandwich or some soup or fruit and yoghurt.
This will not make you fat.

Posted by: fozy | 2009-02-02

I wont eat after 8pm if I were you rather have a light snack or water, and try to go to bed at about 10:30pm for the latest.

Reply to fozy