Posted by: Darren | 2008-12-20

protein in urine

Dear Doc

I have a few questions. I was diagnosed with chronic rhinitis recently. I also went for a urine test and the doctor said there' s protein in my urine. What can that mean?

I am not diabetic and my blood pressure is fine. However, my heart rate was measured and it was over 110. Maybe I was nervous of I' m unfit, I don' t know. I got tabs for that and my rate in now 67.

Thank you in advance for any answer

Dear Darren

Thank you for visiting

The presence of protein in your urine is called Proteinuria. Please refer to the following link for a detailed explanation regarding this condition.

You were most likely nervous when your heart rate was monitored but to truly assess your heart rate, you will have to have a 24 hour ECG test done.

Posted by: Darren | 2008-12-22

Thank you very much for your advice and information. Much appreciated.

Reply to Darren
Posted by: Zexeon | 2008-12-20

Regarding the pulse normal pulse is approx. 70 so 67 is great.

Reply to Zexeon