Question
Posted by: Brian | 2012/07/23

Protein diet

I am extremely obese and feel I am running out of options as I have tried many different diets over the years but cannot financially sustain them and end up going back to " normal"  again. Would a protein diet be a good option for me for a period of time?

Dear Brian
I cannot recommend a high-protein diet for slimming purposes because such diets are unbalanced and can lead to a variety of problems. High-protein diets do, however, usually produce significant weightloss, but most people cannot sustain them for long periods and the dropout rate is very high. If you cannot financially sustain other diets that you have been on, then existing on protein, which is the most expensive of all the macronutrients, should also not be financially feasible. If you are very obese, then I would recommend that you discuss the option of bariatric surgery with your doctor because your weight may be endangering your health. Otherwise you could use products such as Xenical together with a very-low-fat diet. Your doctor should be able to advise you on these methods, and Xenical should be used under the supervision of your doctor.
I do hope that you will be able to start losing some of that weight.

3
Posted by: Anonymous | 2012/07/27

TC you really know ALL the diets.

Posted by: TC | 2012/07/24

Brian - Google ''Diet with Mike"  or visit the facebook page.
Lost 10 kg''s in my 6 week program and is now down 14kg''s.

Reply to TC

Dear Brian