Question
Posted by: pauline moroka | 2012/02/21

protein allergy

Hi Doctor,

Some time last year I ate some fresh red meat at a farm and since then I have had allergies (small groups of breakouts pimples all over). I then stopped eating red meat but when I ate peanuts same thing, I also stopped then ate eggs, same reaction and its so quick within minutes of eating. I suspect that for some reason I have become allergic to protein. Is that at all possible?

Pauline

Yes, it is possible and there is no clear reason for why this happens. Consult an allergy specialist or your GP for tests to confirm this. Blood tests can be taken to determine food allergies.