Posted by: Jamie | 2013-01-20

About 3 weeks ago I decided to stop taking my post gym workout protein shakes as I realized that I was gaining some weight and thought they were possibly to blame for that. Anyway, ever since, I have noticed a decline in my sexual performance, especially round 1, which is considerably shorter than before, and the refractory period before the next round is taking substantially longer before I am ready to go again.
(I have always been a star performer in bed, but I wasn''t sure as to whether it was due to my overall good fitness levels, the protein supplements or both)

Is there any link between protein, or the other ingredients found in protein powder (I was on Evox 5xl muscle meal) and sexual performance? Has anyone else experienced this ?

I have had a look at the contents of the mass builder protein shake and I can't see any ingredient which may have improved your sexual performance. I would caution however not to be too focussed on the timing of things, erection etc as this can put extra pressure on you to perform and result in performance anxiety. If you find that you are concerned about your performance longer term, you should perhaps be examined by a medical doctor to exclude any underlying medical illness (Eg. High blood pressure)