Question
Posted by: Adele | 2010/12/09

Protein

Hi doc,
Am I getting in too much proteins?
B/F: fish,meat/chicken(matchbox size)with carb and veggie.
Lunch: one of above prot. with salad
Supper: 250ml fat free yogurt.
I have +- 5 cups of coffee with fat free milk (also prot. in milk)
1 LT water
My protein is always grilled or steamed, never fried.
I will have 1 to 2 eggs per week.

Please advise
God bless

Dear Adele
No I don't think you are eating too much protein if you have a matchbox size portion of meat, fish or chicken for breakfast and again for lunch, plus 250 ml fat-free yoghurt and about 1 cup of fat-free milk a day. I am pleased that you include the milk and yoghurt as these foods not only provide you with protein, but are also rich in calcium which you require for healthy bones and teeth. 1-2 eggs a week are fine - according to the SA Heart Foundation, adult South Africans can have up to 4 eggs per week.

1

Dear Adele