Question

Protein

My son (15) is using Evox Lean Pro (prescribed by a doctor) - he needs additional protein. The problem is that he can''t drink the shake - he does not like the taste. Can he get the same amount of protewin from a capsule/tablet? If so, which capsule/tablet?

Expert ImageSports Nutrition

Dear Anon,

I would like to know why the doctor prescribed the protein shake - it is very important his diet is evaluated by a registered dietitian as additional supplements can have negative effects - especially in children. He could replace this with a normal complete meal replacement, which would be better for him in general, good examples include Nestle Nutren Optimum / Active, Ensure, Replace or Nutri balance!

Good luck!
Sunita

1
Posted by: Sports Nutrition | 2010/03/26

Dear Anon,

Good luck!
Sunita

Reply to Sports Nutrition