Question
Posted by: Corene | 2010-02-19

Protein

Dear Doc, my mom''s got two ulcers and the dr said her protein level is very low. Does this mean she has to eat more protein ? or what can she take to up her level of protein

Dear Corene
I am sorry to hear that your dear Mom suffers from ulcers and has a low protein level. I don't know what foods your Mom eat at present (?), but it would certainly be a good idea for her to drink more low-fat milk and eat more low-fat yoghurt and cottage cheese (dairy products are excellent sources of high quality protein and she should have at least 4 servings a day, lean meat, fish and eggs (stick to 4 a week). It is not necessary to take protein supplements as long as she eats low-fat protein foods as listed above.
I hope you Mom recovers fully

1
Posted by: DietDoc | 2010-02-20

Dear Corene
I hope you Mom recovers fully