Question
Posted by: Jennifer | 2012/10/03

protection of female genitals

I am told that pubic hair protects the region. If shaven off the protection is gone. Most women shave and wear skimpy thongs with a small triangular piece of cloth held by three strings on the three corners of triangle without hair out ther. How is their genital then protected, as the piece of cloth is too small.

Shaving the pubic hair most definitely minimizes the protection and leaves the genital area more exposed and vulnerable for unwanted infections. It is however a personal choice and like all choices there are possible consequences that each will have to face or possibility face. I have to however just mention that we can however do with as much protection we can have – especially in the days we are living in.
For further information please consult SASHA’s website at www.sexualhealthza.co.za. For referral to a professional in your vicinity, please send an email to helpline.sasha@gmail.com.

2
Posted by: Lonitra | 2012/10/14

That hits the target dead center! Great asnewr!

Reply to Lonitra
Posted by: sexologist | 2012/10/03

Reply to sexologist