Question
Posted by: KEITH STRYDOM | 2010-05-03

PROSTRATE

I HAVE BEEN TOLD THAT I HAVE A HUMUNGEOS POSTRATE,IS THIS DANGEROUS? THE RADIOLIGIST INFORMED MY UROLOGIST,AT THE TIME I WAS HOSPITILIZED WITH A SEVERELY HIGH FEVER. AFEW DAYS LATER I WAS DISCHARGED,ONLY TO GET A HIGH FEVER AGAIN A WEEKAND A HALF AGIAN.WHEN RETURNING TO THE UROLOGIST HE AGAIN SAID I HAVE A HUMUNGUS POSTRATE AND THERE IS BLOOD IN MY URINE.PERSCRIBED ME A BROAD SPECTRUM ANTIBIOTIC AND TO HAVE A BLOOD TEST DONE IN AMONTHS TIME .DO I GET A SECOND OPINION OR RIDE ON TILL HE TELLS ME HE HAS TO PERFORM SOME SORT OF SURGERY OF WHICH I AM NOT VERY KEEN ON?

Hallo Keith
Men do get enlarged prostates as they grow older. It normally is not a dangerous condition but can cause pressure on the urine tube causing urine retention and infections and difficulties to pass urine. If there are no signs of cancer ( low PSA blood test levels, and examination with finger/sonar is normal) the prostate can be removed with an operation or treated with tablets like Proscar. You can also take Saw Palmetto supplements to help keep your prostate healthy.

2
Posted by: K.STRYDOM | 2010-05-03

Reply to K.STRYDOM
Posted by: cyberdoc | 2010-05-03

Hallo Keith

Reply to cyberdoc