Question
Posted by: Sophia | 2008/07/07

Prosthodontist contact information

My father has had to go through some serious operations inside his mouth (above the pallet). He lost his front top 4 teeth when he was young and now at age 68 his cheek bones are "collapsing". He suffered terrible pain and after seeing a prosthodontist these operations were advised. He has been through the first of the series of operations. However the cost of these operations is so much more than he bargained for, and he cannot afford to continue. Is there a list of other prosthodontists where he could possibly get the same operation done at a cheaper price. Or possibly are these type of operations doen a Pretoria University. I really would not like to see him leave this and have gone through all the pain for nothing.

Expert ImageProsthodontist

Hallo Sophia

My advice is to first contact your father’s prosthodontist and discuss the treatment and costs still necessary, in order for you to plan for the completion of the procedures. Regarding your question relating to the university, you would need to contact the Dental Faculty directly to have this correctly answered. The South African Dental Association can also be contacted on 011 – 484 5288 for a list of prosthodontists in the Pretoria region. However, I am hopeful that your discussion with father’s prosthodontist will be very positive and fruitful.

Kind regards