Question
Posted by: AIRGUN | 2010/08/17

Prostate operation

I have had an enlarged prostate for about 3 years now and have taken TAMSUL on a daily basis.My urine flow is a bit weak but have no other symptoms.
I went for my annual check up a few weeks back and was advised that I should have my prostate removed as it is growing into my bladder (and of course somewhat enlarged).There is no sign of cancer as my count is fine.
My question is whether I should get a second opinion as this is quite a huge step to take !I am only 56 by the way.

Hallo Airgun
Maybe you can try something like Proscar first, if there are no concerns about cancer. I agree with you, one does not want to go for unnecessary operations if possible. Have you seen an urologist?
Developing an enlarged prostate is part of "normal" aging - at 60 years 60% of men have enlarged prostates.
dr Bets

1
Posted by: Cyberdoc | 2010/08/17

Hallo Airgun
dr Bets