Question
Posted by: Unsure | 2009/10/16

prostate health

Hi there, I am a 63yo. man living with my ladyfriend/lover. We have a great sex life + do it at least 4 times a week, sometimes more. For the last 2 mths. she has been in th UK visiting her gaughter + new grand child, Im going to join her in 6wks. Funny thing is though since she' s away I dont get horny at all. I only masturbated + ejaculated once in this time - 2 weeks ago. That was in the night after an erotic dream about her. What could be the reason for my not getting horny? Also Id like to know could this sudden lack of sex have a negative effect on my prostate health? Is a man not supposed to ejaculate at regular intervals + should I masturbate more regularly while she is away?

You are right, it is healthy to ejaculate, but you don't need to worry about such a short time as the time that your partner has been away. Masturbate when you feel the desire/wish to, but you don't have to meet a strict quota. I suspect that when your partner is with you, part of what drives your libido is her (attraction, the interplay, as was the case with the dream you had), so the fact that you are not feeling desire when she is not there is not necessarily problematic.

1
Posted by: Sexologist | 2009/10/17

Reply to Sexologist