Question
Posted by: sue | 2009-07-28

prostate cancer

my dog' s two sibling dogs died of prostate cancer. they both had CHF as well, but this was well managed and they died from the prostate cancer. my male has mitral valve insufficiency at this stage and is doing well. he is on diuretics so he does wee a lot. what symtoms should i be on the lookout for wrt the prostate issues. my dog was neutered at 4 years, he is 14 now. I' d just like to know what to keep an eye out for. is there any connection between the diuretics and the prostate cancer?

Dear Sue

Prostate problems can present with blood in the urine or difficulty in passing faecies. No connection between diuretics and prostate cancer. At 14, just worry about the CHF.