Question
Posted by: Anon :) | 2008/08/05

Prosanna Water Retention Tablets

What is your thoughts about water retention tablets?

Somebody that I know swears by it that it helps loosing excess water retention. She combines this with Omega 3 &  6.

My question is: what happens if you stop taking these tablets? Does your body store twice the amount of water then? Do you have to take this for the rest of your life?

Please advice....

Dear Anon
The use of diuretics (and I presume that Prosanna Water Retention Tablets are intended to make the body excrete water?) will temporarily make your kidneys excrete water and thus reduce water retention. The question if you will continue to store water depends on what is causing this water retention, for example if you suffer from untreated kidney disease or electrolyte imbalances, then the problem will not be solved. If you suffer from periodic water retention during menstruation then you should not have any during the rest of the month. In the latter case you may have to take the diuretics for the period of your life during which you menstruate, but it is always a good idea to have a medical checkup to determine what is causing the water retention and also to obtain the correct treatment for this condition.

1
Posted by: Mandy | 2008/10/17

HELLO,

I have the past three to four years been gaining weight for some unknown reason ?
I always ate the same and had the same lifestyle as before,
i was weighing 65 kg' s and now a 93kgs!!
I do not even eat alot of starch nor drink nor smoke.
But went and had a check up and found that my kidneys are carrying alot of water...I was advised to take water tabs, do you think this will help ?

Mandy

Reply to Mandy