Question
Posted by: Fefe | 2010/06/01

Proposal

I feel so scared to tell my parents that my man proposed marriage, mind you I am 34 yrs. I really love and want to marry the guy. My problem is I was married once and got out it badly. Ex-hubby abused me and treated me badly, it was just so awful and scary to think about. That was 2 years ago. Now I found myself a man, but since my parents were there for me through bad times in my marriage every step of the way, I feel like this new man is going to hurt me as well, and I will again cause problems for my parents. I trust him but I feel as if they will think I am stupid to agree to be married again. The guy is asking for an answer and I keep on delaying the whole thing, he already told his family and they are waiting for me to give them a date for negotiations from my family’ s side. He is suspicious that I don’ t want commit to him.

Hallo Fefe
Explain to your boyfriend that you are hesitant to marry due to the previous bad experience. See a marriage counselor at FAMSA for pre-marital counselling - this will help you both to understand each other's backgrounds, help you to communicate better and determine if you will be a good match. I am sure this will also help your parents to feel less anxious about you marrying again
dr Bets

1
Posted by: Cyberdoc | 2010/06/01

Hallo Fefe
dr Bets